Trophy for Dad
Make dad this shiny, gold trophy for Father’s Day.
- 2 foam coffee cups
- 5 inch square box (or cut one to size)
- Masking tape
- 1 gold chenille pipe cleaner
- Gold craft paint
- Black construction paper, cut to fit on side of box
- White paint pen (or white paint)
- White craft glue
- Turn cups upside down and trim bottom lips to make them flush.
- Glue the bottoms of the two cups together.
- Tape the square box shut by covering the entire box with masking tape.
- When glue on the cups have dried, wrap a piece of masking tape around the middle where the two cups meet.
- Cover cups completely with masking tape.
- Paint masking tape on both the trophy and the box gold. This was my son’s favorite part. Let dry.
- Cut the chenille stem in half and insert into each side of one of the cups as trophy handles.
- Write “World’s Best Dad” on the black construction paper with white paint pen. My paint pen didn’t write on the black paper, so I used white paint. Glue to the front of the box.
- Pipe white glue onto the bottom of the cup that does not have the chenille handles. Press onto the top of the box and let glue dry completely. I put a soda can in the cup to weigh it down while the glue dried.
- Fill the trophy cups with Dad’s favorite candy.
- Paper cups can be used instead of foam.
- Use boxes from crackers, cereal bars, or protein bars for projects like this one.