Celebrate the month of love with your child by making a Valentine's Day craft. Lowcounry Child asked Sandra Walsh, second-grade teacher from Hilton Head School of the Creative Arts, for an easy, affordable and fun art project anyone can do. Heart necklaces, made with Elmer's Glue, yarn and a little bit of glitter, make great homemade kid gifts for far-away grandparents or friends.
Below are step-by-step instructions, along with a video. Click and print here to save the craft for a later date.
Appropriate Age Group:
What you will need:
1. Elmer’s Glue
4. Googly Eyes
5. Paper Clips
6. Wire cutters or utility scissors
7. Wax paper
How to do it:
1. Spread wax paper on the working surface. Take Elmer’s Glue and form a heart shape. “Color in” the heart with glue.
2. Spread glitter.
3. Stick some googly eyes on the heart.
4. Bend a paper clip to help form the pendant.
5. Wait up to two days for heart to dry.
6. Cut yarn and run it through the paper clip. Tie the ends together and you have a necklace!